Sunday, December 19, 2004

Frustration!

Argh!

The fuzzy feet I made for my mom's bf felted beautifully. Unfortunately, I can't say the same thing about my sister's pair. I used a different kind of yarn, maybe that's the problem. It felts all right, you can't see the stitch definition any longer and it has shrunk. But it hasn't shrunk nearly enough, even after FOUR trips through the washer. *sigh*

Is there a point where the fabric has reached a saturation point with felting? What I mean is, is there a point where it won't shrink anymore, no matter how many times I put it in the washer? Would it be worth it to try again?

The sad thing is, I may have to do the rest by hand, because I won't be home much all week except late at night. Stupid noisy washers. Stupid yarn that won't felt correctly. Grrr.

No comments: