Saturday, April 06, 2013

Hello, world, I'm running!

So one of my New Year resolution was to lose weight and train for a 5K.

Well I'm proud to say that I'm doing both!

I've lost 16ish pounds since January. I'm very happy about that, even though I still have a lot to lose. I'm in no rush to lose it all since I've given myself until summer 2014 to lose 70 pounds. I'll get there.

I've also started the Couch to 5k program, which, if you couldn't guess, has you go from couch potato to running a 5k in 9 weeks. I'm currently on week 2 and it's going well. I got myself some brand new running shoes and I'm enjoying the workouts. I have to run with the baby in the jogging stroller during the week, which is much harder, but then I find my weekend stroller-free runs so much easier!

On top of the 5k during the Montreal marathon, I've also signed up for the Color Run in August (if you don't know what it is, look it up on YouTube). It looks like tons of fun!

3 comments:

Karine said...

Je me répète: Go Caroline, Go! Je te souhaite bonne pour ton entraînement. Quant à ta perte de poids, c'est une bonne idée d'en faire un projet à long terme, comme ça ce sera plus facile à maintenir une fois ton objectif atteint.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

You can do it girl! I have faith in you!

Tara said...

You are doing GREAT, Caroline. Keep it up! :)