Tuesday, May 31, 2011


I received my Knit Picks order and it is yummy!


Lots of Palette = a lot of mittens! I'm glad I was able to get that much while the price was still low. I tried to get a good mix of neutrals and of colours so that I have choices when I pick colourwork patterns.

I also got two skeins of Imagination in Looking Glass.

Now I just need to find the time to actually use all that yarn!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Half FO

Well I did find time to knit after all. I finished one sock, only one to go for the pair! This is Eunice in all its unblocked glory. Better pictures will come when the pair is finished:


Friday, May 13, 2011

En vrac

Hello? Anybody here?

It's been over a month since my last post and, sadly, I don't have much to share in terms of knitting content. I'm not worried, I know I'll have time to knit again, someday, but right now my baby boy is taking 95 % of my time (I sleep the other 5 % of the time).

He's in my arms a lot and, sadly, I haven't yet mastered one-hand knitting. I can (and do!) browse patterns on Ravelry a lot though, so my queue has been getting longer even though I'm not knitting. Here are a few patterns that have recently caught my fancy:

Calligraphy cardigan
Bazinga mittens (as a brand new Big Bang Theory addict, I *need* these!)
Garden gnome hat and mittens
Midnight mittens
Wayna Picchu Earflap Hat

In other news, I just found out that Knitpicks is going to dramatically increase the price of their Palette yarn. Instead of 1,99-2,19 a ball, it'll be 3,29-3,49. The price is supposed to go up sometime today. Palette is my favourite yarn for fair isle mittens, so I decided to stock up while the price was still low. I got 20 colours!

I'll post a pic when it gets here. Meanwhile, here's a picture of the boy who's been occupying all my free time:


Why would I want to knit when I can spend all my time looking at that cute face? :)