Friday, September 22, 2006

Sock lusting

Remember how I fell in love with the Cable Net socks from the new issue of Knitty?

Well believe it or not, I found a sock pattern I like even more. Meet the Bayerische sock by Eunny Jang. It's so beautiful it almost made me weep.

I definitely want to make me a pair (as well as a pair of Cable net because I still love them). But before I do that, I must:

a)Finish the Jaywalkers (and considering I'm still on the leg of the first sock, it may take a while).

b)Teach myself how to knit two socks on two circs, something I'd rather do with a plain sock pattern.

So yeah, it will probably be 2007 before I make these beautiful socks. But I will.

Also, my good friend Bianka gave birth to the most beautiful baby boy (named Isaac) on Monday. I held him when he was only one day old! Of course, now I really want to knit something for him. I was thinking of making Kate Gilbert's Peapod set (scroll down the page to see it). I could make it in a six month size and give it to him for Christmas. I'll see. I've been wanting to knit this since I first saw it.

UPDATES ON MY PROJECTS

Kiri shawl: I've been working on it quite a bit this week but I keep making mistakes. I must pay more attention when I'm knitting lace, no matter how easy the pattern is. I really want to finish this for my cousin's wedding on Oct. 14 but at this rate, it's not going to happen.

FCEK blueberry cardigan: I haven't touched it since I've finished the back.

Jaywalkers: Like I said, I'm almost done with the leg of the first sock. I'm loving the yarn I'm using (Regia in one of the Canadian colours).

2 comments:

Karine said...

Curse you Caroline! I loooooovvvvveee those socks...

K. said...

Droooool! I *heart* those socks now...must now learn to knit cables correctly...