Monday, January 03, 2011

Projects projects projects

I am in a very knitty mood these days.

All I want to do is knit, buy yarn, touch yarn, look at yarn (my Knitpicks wishlist is now up to 490 $!) and look at patterns. I have tons of projects in mind and of course, very little time to knit.

I've been working pretty much exclusively on my baby blanket during the holidays and I got faith it's going to be finished soon. My goal is end of January, but I think I can finish it before that. We'll see.

Speaking of blankets, there's a contest going on right here where you can submit a handknit or crochet baby blanket to win a 50 $ Knit Picks gift certificate. It isn't clear on the site whether you have to design the blanket or not, but Knit Picks said on Facebook that you can use someone else's pattern. I may enter mine when it's finished.

Also on my list of «things to knit before baby gets here»:

- This baby cocoon (for pictures)

- This baby hat (also for pictures only)

- This very cute baby cardigan (newborn size)

- Some hats and booties

Most are small projects, but being a very slow knitter, I doubt I'll be able to finish it all. But I'll try.

I'm also itching to knit socks. I haven't made a pair in forever and it's my favourite thing to knit (plus I've got lots of sock yarn that's calling my name).

I'm telling you, when I stop working on January 28, my goal is to use the weeks before baby gets here to knit, knit, knit!

2 comments:

Maryse said...

All sounds like very good plans! I'm also knitting a baby blanket for a collegue at work. It's fun to knit! I look forward to seeing yours!

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Great projects to knit before baby comes!

Let me know when you're free right after you are on mat leave, I'll come over with Quentin for a knit afternoon :)

xo