Today's knitting meetup was great (as they all are of course). So many people, including lots of new people, showed up. I think there were 15 of us at one point. It was very nice. We even got to meet Kate Gilbert's daughter, who is the most adorable thing.
Jessi sold me a skein of Fleece Artist merino that she didn't want anymore:
Then, Kiyoko from AmiAmi came over with bags of yarn and I couldn't resist. I got this:
The yarn is called Faith and I will use it to make Veronik Avery's Short Row Hat.
And I got this:
I think the name of the yarn is AHS Slub Kasuri and I have something like 900m of it. It's incredibly soft and it will most likely become a shawl.
Also, I'm crazy and I'm thinking of participating in this:
Even though I shouldn't start a new project. But I can't resist a challenge so I most likely will. Now, I only need to choose a project, and that's when YOU have a role to play.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO MAKE!!!
I have a few ideas.
1. Mona's socks from the last issue of Interweave Knits.
3. The Peppermint Twist shirt from Stitch N' Bitch
4. Kyoto (I'm currently in the process of frogging the one I started in the hope of maybe starting over after rechecking my gauge).
5. Madli's Shawl, from a past issue of IK. I'd love to make that but I doubt I'd be able to make it in 16 days (same with #3 and #4 actually).
So if you have a suggestion, let me know. I just would rather not buy any yarn and I could make the above projects wiht yarn that I already have so it would be good.
I was tagged by Kadi (that is, if I'm the Caroline she tagged!), so here we go:
Four Jobs You Have Had In Your Life:
3. Technical Writer
4. Communications Agent
Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over:
1. Lord of the Rings (the whole series)
2. Harry Potter (all of them)
4. Shallow Graves
Four Places You Have Lived:
Four TV Shows You Love To Watch:
1. Tout le monde en parle
2. What not to Wear
3. Les Bougon
4. 24 (got Season 1 for Christmas, now I'm hooked)
Four Places You Have Been On Vacation:
2. Paris and London (one trip)
Four Websites You Visit Daily:
4. Knitter's review Forums (not daily but often)
Four Of Your Favorite Foods:
1. Lasagna (with my own spaghetti sauce)
2. Homemade pizza
3. Tuna or smoked salmon paninis
4. Penini Romanoff
Four Places You Would Rather Be Right Now:
Four Bloggers You Are Tagging:
I'm ending this with a pic of the progress on my sweater's sleeves:
I wish you could see it better, but it'll have to do.