Friday, October 02, 2009

Habs socks

I still haven't decided what I'm going to make for the October Sockdown on Ravelry. I'm leaning towards a Christmas stocking, though I would need to buy some bulky yarn for that. We'll see.

In the meantime, I cast on for a new pair of socks last night, during the Habs game:

Photobucket


If I had started them last season, I would have called them my "Sock-u Koivu" socks, but since he's no longer in Montreal, I'm naming them "Jaroslav Spasock". My plan is to knit them during Habs game (that's a challenge because I love the yarn so much I want to keep knitting them today!). They're going to be a Christmas gift for my mom's boyfriend (who is like a father to me).

Speaking of Habs, yay for the win against Toronto last night! But I'm so sad about Markov. Apprently, he'll be gone a long time. That can't be good.

2 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

Sucks that Markov's out 3-4 months. Boo. Hopefully another defenceman will step up.

Tonight's win over Buffalo was what we needed!

Love the new name of your socks. Totally fits. I got a little private chuckle out of the name! :)

Can't wait to see the socks done.

Tara said...

I loved making my Vintage Habs socks last year. I'm thinking of making mittens for Maxime with the leftovers this year.