Thursday, October 06, 2005

Let's call it the knitting room!

I had to spend THREE HOURS in a waiting room this morning. But the good thing is that I managed to finish half of my sister's Christmas present:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

One lady there asked me what I was making and then she told me I must have a lot of patience, which was very funny considering she had been waiting as long as I had while doing nothing. I think she's the patient one ;)

I also made this scarf:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I has everything you absolutely HATE about yarn: It's sparkly, fuzzy, not soft, very fushia... I love it anyways :p

I also crocheted a red skinny scarf just because I saw some in the stores and didn't want to pay for them. I suck at crochet dammit. I'll post pics later.

In other fun knitting news, I finally managed to go to a Wednesday night meetup! Yay! And I didn't have to leave before the end. Double yay! I met a few knitters that I had never met before, which was great, and saw some of the lovely regulars, which was also great.

Lastly, in blog-related news: why the f* do I keep on getting SPAM in comments and how do I prevent this? It's very annoying. As soon as I make a post, BAM, I get two or three anonymous comments that say "Hey, that's a lovely blog you have. Now please come visit mine *adds link to a hunting blog or some other non-knitting related site* Now if it had happened only once, I would have thought it's simply a visit who likes to hunt (and to blog about it) and who also appreciates reading about knitting. But it happens all the time, with different blogs, and always a few seconds after I post. SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP!!! :(

3 comments:

Den said...

Hi, I was just surfing around and found your page!
Very cool,I like finding all this interesting stuff.
If you are interested, go see my Gifts related site.
It isnt anything special but you might still find something of interest.

Mona strickt said...

Caroline, you have to turn on the verification for comments - look here: http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=1203

It works like a charm...

Maryellen said...

Hi: I love the socks. also turn on the word verification and the spam will go away. I just recently had to do that as I was getting spamed too. Really long two page comment spam.