Monday, February 18, 2008

Yummy yarn

Last weekend, Ariadne had its Valentine Day Massacre Open House Party. Unfortunately, I was working on Saturday night so I couldn't go to the big party, but I did stop by yesterday and had a lot of fun.

I got to see again the beautiful Bird in hand mitten made by Molly Ann.

Photobucket


I decided I wanted to make a pair exactly like that (they are so soft, warm and comfy!). I bought the yarn and this morning I got the pattern as a "I got a new job, yay" gift.

Ariadne had a little yarn tasting in the afternoon. I got to bring home a few samples and I'll knit little swatches to see how they knit up. I'm especially interested in how the tweedy yarn softens up when knit and washed because I find the sample a little bit rough. Oh, do you want pictures?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I spent the afternoon knitting on one of the store's couches. I took the Woven Cables scarf out of hibernation and I actually enjoyed working on it. I don't know why I hadn't touched it in weeks. Muswell enjoyed knitting it too:

Photobucket


Thanks to everyone who congratulated me on the new job. There is one very bad thing about it though: I will probably be working every Wednesday and Thursday nights, which means no more Knit nights. I'll probably try to go to the Sunday afternoon meetups. That being said, if any of you are free to knit during the day and want to meet up somewhere, drop me an email: amarillys at hotmail.

I actually have to give my two weeks notice and I'm a little bit nervous. I feel bad for quiting after only three months, but I'm not leaving because I'm unhappy, I'm leaving because I got an offer that was too good to refuse. I hope my boss will understand.

In other news, the Habs are playing against the Rangers tomorrow night and I will be there! Robyn, maybe I'll see you! :)

2 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

Have fun at the game tomorrow night, I had to trade my tickets from Tomorrow's game against the Rangers for Thursday night's game against the Penguins (Still no Crosby though), b/c it got too confusing with babysitter/UltraSound at the hospital tomorrow. My babysitter got sick and I got stuck :(

So have fun and eat lots of food in the Desjardin section!

Tara said...

Enjoy knitting the Bird in Hand mittens! What yarn are you going to use?