Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Simply irresistible!

Photobucket


A few weeks ago, I went to Ariadne and spent an afternoon knitting with Molly Ann and Jennie.

Jennie was knitting a super cute Alan Dart toy (a sleepy hedgehog). The pattern was in Irresistible Gifts to Knit, which is filled with toy patterns from Alan Dart.

Now despite the fact that I've never knit a toy in my life, I couldn't resist and I ordered the book a few days later. And I got it today! Everything is SO cute! See the hedgehog! There's also a fantastic pirate, a very cute elephant, not to mention Noah's ark, Mr and Mrs Noah and a whole bunch of animals.

My favourite pattern, though, is defnitely the Yuletide Gnomes. Adorable!

So yeah, I've never knit toys, but now it's all I want to knit. I wish I didn't already have 162 items in my Ravelry queue because I'm about to add a dozen more.

(BTW, if anyone wants to order the book, I got it here for 11.95£ including shipping.

2 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

I am soooooo not a toy knitter, but it looks cute!

Tara said...

My husband keeps bugging me to knit toys for the kids, but so far I've resisted. It's a good thing he hasn't seen this book!