Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Eat your veggies!

Photobucket


My boyfriend and I decided to try an organic produce delivery place. Basically, you subscribe to their service and you get bags of organic fruits and veggies delivered to your door every week or every other week (we chose to try every other week first). We got our first bags today and I'm very happy with what we got!

Photobucket


We usually always buy the same veggies (pretty much) at the grocery store or at the market so we're happy that this service is going to force us to eat more varieties of vegetables. Though I have to say that this week, we got stuff that we buy pretty often: lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, celery, broccoli, red grapes, blueberries and mangos.

If anyone in the Montreal region (they cover a pretty wide zone, including the North and South shores) is interested, here's their website. Let me know if you try it!

Oh, and I guess you want some knitting content, right? ;)

Summer of socks officially begun on June 21 and I didn't want to knit anything complicated. So I started some plain vanilla socks, using the not-plain-at-all yarn that I got through the Lotus Knits sock club.

Photobucket


This is the May yarn (The Clash). It is so soft that I need to stop knitting to pet it once in a while. And I really like the funky stripes.

I should get my June yarn soon (I'm hoping tomorrow!). I can't wait!

2 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

The produce looks delicious!

I have your June Robyn's Nest Sock Club, we must meet up!

Are you going to any NDG knit nights?

Tara said...

LOL, looks like Robyn is up breasfeeding, if she's commenting at 2 AM!

Thanks for the info on the organic produce place. I'm going to check it out (especially if they deliver on the North Shore).