Saturday, August 09, 2008

Olympic report - Day 2

It is now day 2 of the Olympics! Last Thursday, I finished the sorta-SOS08 socks:

SOS08 (August)


Pattern: Summer 2008 socks by Wendy Johnson.
Yarn: Fleece Artist Sea Wool
Needles: 2.25 bamboo dpns
Modifications: The pattern is toe-up and I wanted to make them cuff-down so I pretty much only used the stitch pattern with my regular sock pattern. The lace part is very stretchy so I had to reduce the number of stitches (from 66 to 50) or it would have been huge!

On Friday morning, as I watched the Canadian athletes enter the stadium in Beijing, I cast on for my first Olympic sock. I'm using Veronik Avery's Twist and Cables socks pattern. The yarn is your basic Regia sock yarn. Here's where I am today:

Photobucket

I'm hoping to turn the heel tonight and to finish the first sock tomorrow. We'll see how it goes...

2 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

They look cute. I didn't realize they were that lace-y!

Good luck with the Olympic challenge - I was unable to commit this time.

Tara said...

Nice! I like the colour of your Sea Wool. Puuurdy :)