Sunday, September 28, 2008

I found my knitting mojo

So it looks like the key to getting back my knitting mojo was simply to not have access to any knitting for a few weeks. Since I got back from my trip, I've been knitting and knitting and knitting.

Or maybe it's simply the fall weather that is inspiring me? I don't know. But I know the thought of a warm scarf makes me very happy. This past week, I've been working exclusively on my Woven Cables scarf.

Photobucket


It's going to be a great scarf. In a neutral colour, so I'll be able to wear it with any hat and mittens. And soft. And warm. Yummy.

And just because I had not posted a pic of it yet, here's one of the Montego Bay scarf that I was supposed to bring with me during my trip but that I stupidly forgot.

Photobucket


I didn't swatch and I should have, cause I think it's way too wide. I'll frog it and start again.

I'm itching to start a new pair of socks and I think I know exactly what I want to make. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Angela said...

love the colors int he montego bay scarf!

Tara said...

The woven cables scarf looks like it's going to be great!

By the way, I ordered the Kiss the Frog mittens pattern after you queued it on Ravelry! My daughter has a thing for frogs, so this is going to be right up her alley!

Jennifer Lori said...

The colors of MB are so cool...I've never seen a yarn with those blues and browns together. And I LOVE the woven cables scarf. It looks soft and squooshy and the perfect thing for a chilly winter day. It looks great! Welcome back to the knitting! :)