Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A year ago...

A year ago, I took this yarn:

Photobucket


And I cast on for a pair of socks. I knit and knit and knit and progressed:

Photobucket


And then I got one sock. And then I decided I didn't want to knit the second sock. So I didn't.

A year later, I decided I did want a pair of green cabled socks after all so I picked the project back up and I knit and I knit until I got... A finished pair!

Cable Net socks (March)
Picture 1: Good colour

Cable Net socks (March)
Picture 2: Blurry, but more detailed


Pattern: Cable Net socks by Ariel Barton (from Knitty, Fall 2006.
Yarn: Reynolds Soft Sea Wool in Olive
Needles:2.25 mm dpns
Modifications: I did 3 repeats of the leg pattern (instead of 4) because I was scared to run out of yarn. I think it's a good thing I did because I didn't have much leftover.

I love the socks and I love the yarn, but I don't know how much I'll like non-superwash socks. We'll see.

I wanted to cast on for my Go Habs Go socks as soon as I finished the Cable Nets, but then I realized that I do want to knit something for my friend's baby shower (March 28th) so I cast on for a baby blanket (Waves of Blue blanket). Being a slow knitter, I doubt I'll finish it before the shower, but I'm going to try. She's due in June, so I have extra time if I can't finish it by the end of March.

Have you guys seen the new Knitty? There are some cute things in there, but nothing that makes me want to cast on ASAP. I really like Decimal and Cachoeira.

3 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

I agree with you on the kitty! I think 1 project caught my eye (the dino sweater for Sean/Mack).

Great socks. I love the Reynolds yarn!

Tara said...

Wow! Those socks are awesome! I haven't knit anything but a basic stockinette sock in a few months.

Angela said...

I LOVE that green!