Saturday, August 14, 2004

~FO~FO~FO~Fo

I finished a project! WOOOOOOHOOOO!

My Harry Potter scarf is now DONE. I just need to block it, which I will do when I get back home tomorrow.

I'm very happy about it and for the first time ever, I'm looking forward to the cold weather just so I can wear it. :p I will post pics in a couple of days.

***

Now. I still have two WIPs, both of which I'm a bit bored with. I'm working on my illusion scarf right now (I have a bit more than a third of it done).

I will receive the Noro Kureyon beauties soon and they will be made into a bag.

But I also have one million projects in mind and I can't decide which one I want to make next. So here's me organizing my thoughts...

I have two knitted presents planned for the holidays.

Mom: I'm hesitating. I can go simple and knit her a scarf. Her coat is white and red. So the colours would have to go with it. I know she LOVES my HP scarf so I may go with a similar style (in the round and all). The other option would be the Chinese charm bag from Stitch N' Bitch. I already have the handles and she loved it when she saw the picture in the book. I just don't know which yarn I'd choose as I don't know where to find Noro Gemstones. If not, I guess I'll choose another brand of variegated yarn. I just need to be very careful with the colours to make sure she will actually use it.

Sister: My first idea was to make her a scarf and if I have time, mittens or a hat to go with it. The problem is that I have no idea what kind of coat she's gonna wear this winter. So I wouldn't know which colour to choose. Hmmm. Option #2 would be felted slippers, like the Fuzzy feet from Knitty. It's marked as a "tangy" pattern though. But it really is just a huge pair of socks and I've been meaning to try socks anyways. So I don't know.

I really need to figure out what I'm gonna make and start soon since I'm such a slow knitter.

Projects for me that I have in mind:

-A poncho AND/OR a shawl AND/OR a blanket. Basically, just something that I can bring at work to wrap myself in when I'm cold and everyone else is hot so I can't turn on the heat. I just need to find the perfect pattern first.

-A sweater. I want to make my first sweater and I want to make it now. :p I'm hesitating between To dye for, from the SNB book or the Surplice Cardigan from the Fall 04 issue of Vogue knitting. It's very pretty and marked as easy so maybe I could manage to make it.

-Socks. I really want to make socks. Any socks.

So many projects, so little time.

***

Thing to add to the "I want it but can't knit it yet" list: Charlotte's Web. I wish.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Hi Caroline,
I wanted to let you know that the Knitting Pure and Simple poncho comes in a womens size too. I had read your comment to my thread on KR. It is a very easy pattern and I think you will like it,