Sunday, October 31, 2004

NaNo, RAOK and other stuff

I know I should update my blog more often. I love to chronicle my knitting and to get comments and encouragements (seriously, it's really appreciated).

The past few weeks have been HELL, both mentally and physically. I've been working a lot. I'm talking 10+ hours a day, sometimes six days a week. And I've been depressed, suffering from a lot of body image/self-esteem issues. But I'm not gonna go into that.

***

I've been RAOKed! It's been a few weeks already, but since I haven't updated in so long, I never got to talk about it. The lovely Andrea from http://members.shaw.ca/andrea-n-b sent me some spices that smell delicious. I'm supposed to pour them into hot apple juice, cider or wine. I'll do it for sure, I'm sure it'll be delicous.

***

For the second year, I'll be participating in NaNoWriMo in November. I did it last year and succeeded, and it was an amazing experience. I'm really excited about it, even though it will take more time out of my already busy schedule. Bah. Who needs a social life anyways? :p Even though it's not knitting-related, I'll keep track of my word count in the menu to your right.

Is anyone else participating? Good luck if you are!

***

Now, time for actual knitting content:

I'm still working on the lacey poncho, and I've accepted the fact that I probably won't be wearing it before spring. I just hope it's still gonna be in style :p

I'm also working on the Chinese Charm bag for my mom. I'm scared that I won't have time to finish all the Christmas presents I want to make, unfortunately. Oh well. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOO I finally found another FiberRAOK person who is doing Nano. I have done it for three years (this makes number 3) and I have yet to succeed, but it's a great way to force myself to write! Good luck!

Brit
www.onmyisland.blog-city.com