Sunday, April 24, 2005

One round of applause for Montreal knitters

I had a fantastic time at the meetup today. I don't think I had ever been in a room with so many knitters before. Now that I think of it, I don't know any knitters (other than those of you I met today of course) so I never see any unless I'm yarn shopping.

It was just great to meet so many women who are passionate about my favourite hobby. It was fantastic to see other people's work (and to touch their yarn, I really couldn't resist).

I had been in a knitting slump lately and going there made me want to get back into it in full force (hopefully I'll have a whole sock to show at the next meeting).

Things I learned today:

1. Gauge is not pronounced how I thought it was.
2. Knitters make cute kids
3. Jo's husband knows I exist
4. Pink is a great colour for socks
5. I actually enjoy the "who are those freaks?" looks that people give to a group of knitters in a public place

Oh and there was also a discussion on shrugs. I think the consensus is that they are not liked, but I'm still undecided on the subject.

1 comment:

Mona Schmidt said...

Hello Caroline,
fondling yarn and touching other people's knitting is one of the most important things when you meet other knitters. You are always welcome to touch mine! ;-)

Hope to see you again soon!
Mona