Sunday, April 10, 2005

Yummy

I have been on a knitting hiatus lately. It's not that I'm bored with knitting, I think I'm just bored with my current projects.

Clapotis is a lot of fun. But it does get repetitive when you're in section three. It is still my favourite current project though, and I'm hoping I can find better yarn for it for the next time (yes, there will definitely be a next time).

Then, there's Kyoto. The lovely Yarn Harlot put it best in her bookbookbook.
Everyone has one -- a knitting monstrosity.(...) What is a surprise is how long the knitter must have ignored the writing on the wall. To get a finished monstrosity, hours and hours of patient denial must be put in.
See, I know that Kyoto is going to be too big. I've known it for a long time. Did it stop me from going on? Noooo. Why? I don't know. I think the idea of frogging it was disgusting me more than the idea of having a much too big finished object. I'm still hoping it will fit my sister. But it's getting more and more difficult to finish it.

Last, there's a baby blanket that I'm making for my friend. Is there anything more boring to make than a baby blanket? I didn't think so.

Now there are a lot of projects that are appealing right now, but
a)Starting a new project means that it will take me even longer to finish the WIPs above.
b)Many of these future projects ask for yarn that I don't have. I just invested in a kick-ass new gym membership so I'm a bit low on funds. So no new yarn. At least I'll try :p

I do, however, have yarn for a few new projects that are really tempting. But my goal is to finish at least one of the current WIPs before I start a new one. We'll see how it goes.

***

Montrealers: If you're looking for the Yarn Harlot's book, there were 8 copies left when I bought mine at Indigo (on Ste-Catherine W) last Thursday. It's a very fun book, and Stephanie rocks (I'm addicted to her blog) so go get it! Of couse, you can also buy it here.

(And for the record, she didn't pay me to write this ;). We don't know each other.)

***

I kept the best part of this post for the end. I got a gift from my Secret Pal! Now I was looking at the Secret Pal homepage, and there are A LOT of participants. What were the chances of me getting the best Secret Pal ever? But I did! HA! Lucky me!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
So what do we have here? Let's see: A cute stuffed lamb, a cool little box of mints, a sheep pin, Clover bamboo DPNs (I've never had bamboo needles before!) and the most gorgeous sock yarn ever (with a sock pattern, woo!).

See what I meant when I said that I had other patterns that were appealing to me? I so want to knit socks right now. But I've only knitted one pair so far (not counting the millions of fuzzy feet I made last Christmas) so I think I'll use the pattern with another skein of (less gorgeous but nice nonetheless) sock yarn first, as practice, and then I'll knit with the new gorgeous yarn and enjoy every second of it. In the meantime, I think I'll spend every second of free time petting it.

2 comments:

emy said...

If you are bored with knitting your baby blanket, feel free to join the Baby KAL I am hosting :P

Anonymous said...

I think I need to go buy Indigo this weekend! LOL! ;) You have one great secret pal, Fleece Artist yarn is lovely, lucky you. :)

~Jo~
http://www.joknits.com