Sunday, March 19, 2006

WIPalooza

This is a boring time to be a blogger. The reason is that I don't finish anything! It's not that I don't want to. I'm dying to finish some of these projects. But I'm a slow knitter and I'm currently working on longer projects. The exception being:

Image hosting by Photobucket

These are the still unfinished second pair of Olympic socks. Taking the picture, I realize that I should really start working on them again. They're cute.

Then we have Mariah:

Image hosting by Photobucket

You see two sleeves and part of a back. If the sleeves look weird to you, well... they are. See, I learned how to read a chart correctly (really, I did!), but then all my projects involving charts were done in the round. So when I started the sleeves, I immediately began reading the charts as I had always done, from right to left... on both sides. Eeep! I realized the mistake halfway through the sleeves, but I sort of liked the way they look so I kept going. :p

I'm almost halfway done with the Big Bad Baby Blanket:

Image hosting by Photobucket

This is taking longer than it should, because while it's lovely, it's quite boring to knit. And I'm pretty much only working on it when I'm at a knitting meet-up. But it will be done before May. That's my goal.

Finally, the socks-that-may-never-be-finished:

Image hosting by Photobucket

My first try with fair-isle. They take forever. And they will most likely be too small. I'll try to block them bigger, or I'll just frame them or something.

Hopefully, the next post will have a FO. Yeah like that's likely ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you sure have a couple of WIP's left to do - but I'm absolutely positive that you'll soon be able to post photos of some FO's!
You did such beautiful work with the socks-that-may-never-be-finished, it'd be too sad if you wouldn't continue with them! The same goes for Mariah, it's already looking so cool! I'm quite curious to see which one you're going to finish first!
Have fun knitting, and best wishes from Austria!

Carrie K said...

At least what you're doing, albeit slowly, is gorgeous!