Monday, October 30, 2006

Inspiration, WIP, Food and News

1. Inspiration

One of the things I like the most when I surf knitting blogs/forums/communities/websites is seeing a finished object picture of a pattern I've already seen. Sometimes, someone's picture manage to make me want to knit something from a pattern who did nothing from me with the original picture.

Example:

Many of you own the first Stitch and Bitch book. I think the Pin-Up Queen sweater (the one on the left) is cute, but I never really thought about knitting it.

That is, until a very talented girl posted her version in the Knitting Livejournal Community. Great sweater and it looks fantastic on her. Now I really want to add it to my "to knit next" list (as if I needed something else added there). ;)

2. WIP

I've been working on the blue cardigan quite a bit lately, and I'm happy to say that the back and the two sleeves are done. I'm now working on the left panel. Thank God it has a little cable; I was getting tired of all the stockinette.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3. Food

A little while ago, I posted a picture of an apple bread that I made. Someone asked for the recipe in the comment. Unfortunately, I can't copy it here as it comes from a cookbook and I'm pretty sure it would go against copyright laws.

I will, however, suggest another apple-based recipe that I've tried and liked even more than the bread. Apple Squares!

4. News

After years of working on Sunday, I had finally made new arrangements at work so that I could work Monday-Friday like most people. That made me happy in part because it would allow me to go to most Sunday knitting meetings. But after two weeks of that schedule, I was offered a new job with another company... working Sunday-Thursday! I accepted because the new job sounds exciting and the pay is very good, but I'm a little bummed that Sunday knitting meetings are out of question again. I may be able to make it on Wednesday in NDG or on Thursday on the Plateau sometimes, but not always, that's for sure.

I'll be able to attend this Wednesday meeting though, since I have this week off. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the way your sweater is coming out. Love the shade of blue too!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job, I'm sure you'll find your decision was the good one. :) Now I must find time to go to other meetings! LOL!

Karine said...

Huzzah! As long as the new job is rewarding. Sadly, I won't be there tomorrow night to get the details on your new venture...

K. said...

Congrats on the new job! I hope you'll be happy there and I'm really happy we'll get to see you more often! YAY!