Saturday, September 11, 2004

Stupid DNA

I frogged the DNA scarf three times now. I guess I'm just not ready for cables yet or something. I always mess up somewhere and I try to unknit up to the error but end up messing up more. I'm not having fun with this project at all and I think I don't really like the yarn I got. *sigh*

I'll try one more time but if it doesn't prove to be more successful, I may decide ot put it on hold or to give it up entirely.

I feel like such a loser. It's just a scarf, shouldn't I be able to do it? And I wanted to make a sweater soon but now I'm scared to even think about it. Maybe I'll stick to bag or stupid garter stitch scarves.

(ok that last paragraph wasn't really true. I know I can do it and I'll keep on trying and there's no way I'm sticking to garter stitch scarves :p)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Being a new knitter, I know how you feel! My best advice would be to go to your LYS for some help! I'm sure they will put you on the right track and then you feel all better! :) Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Found you through FiberRAOK. Don't feel bad about the cables. The key to them is to count count count. If you are not counting, you're gonna screw it up (at least until you get the pattern established in the first couple of rows). Hope this helps!

Brit (www.onmyisland.blog-city.com)