Saturday, November 25, 2006

Red Heart, really?

Yarn snobs must leave this page immediately.

Last year, my mom put three balls of Red Heart Whirly in my Christmas stocking. I thought it was nice of her even though I'm not a huge Red Heart fan. I'm not a real yarn snob. I do prefer natural fibers, but I don't mind acrylic once in a while.

That being said, I decided to cast on for a scarf using that yarn a couple of days ago. I finished it today. It is *very* soft. It still does fell acrylic-y so it's not for everyone but I'm quite happy with it.

I'll post a pic later this week. My camera batteries were used with the Wii remote (the Wiimote!) and now they're dead. I don't own a Wii but my boyfriend has one for a week (he's in charge of the tech page for a newspaper). I'm loving it.

Also, thank to Jo who gave me the tip, I was able to find the 2007 Knitting Pattern a Day and the Stitch N' Bitch 2007 calendars. I had heard not-so-good things about the Pattern a Day one but I must say I really like it. Sure, I think some of the patterns are horrible (personal opinion of course) but some are really nice. The Christmas pillows are especially beautiful. Speaking of Christmas, I gotta warn those who don't celebrate that they won't find many patterns useful for the month of December. I love Christmas though, so I'm happy.

Oh and Jennifer posted a pdf of the Bowling Socks, with permission from Patons. Go download it, they're great!

1 comment:

Snarsh said...

which of the calendars do you prefer? If i get one, it will only be I'll be one or the other.