Thursday, January 10, 2008

Mittens for my little hands!

The pink fuzzy angora mittens are finished! I now present you my first FO of 2008!

Pink Mittens (January)


Pattern: No pattern
Yarn: Fleece Artist Peter Rabbit (a gift from my SP10)
Needles: 3.5 mm / US 4
Verdict: They are soft and warm. I love them! But I can never make a perfect thumb :(

As soon as I finished them, I wanted to start a new project. Socks. I haven't knit socks since November! It took all my willpower not to use my new Lotus Yarn, but I really want to make the 3 patterns I had planned (Cable Net, Anastasia and Annetrelac) first. So I used my super ball winder and wound a skein of Reynolds soft sea wool.

Photobucket


And I cast on for Cable Net. I think they're going to be beautiful socks.

*****

Ali at Skeins Her Way is having a contest! She wants us to post about a UFO that we resolve to turn into a FO by January 31st. Of course, when I saw that, I immediately thought about...

Photobucket


THE BLUE CARDIGAN OF DOOM!!!!

I actually finished knitting this cardigan in December... of 2006!!! It's been sitting in a plastic bin in my closet waiting to be seamed. Poor thing. I can't even explain why I have never taken the time to finish it.

So here I promise in front of all of you reader(s) that I will have this cardigan seamed by January 31st. Will it still fit me? Now that's another question...

2 comments:

Clumsy Knitter said...

You can do it! Like ripping off a bandaid...just seam that sucker up and be done with it. It looks so good already, and it will look much better as an FO!

Tara said...

LOL! I'm the exact same way when it comes to sweaters. Once I've done the actual knitting, I lose interest. Go, go, go! You can DO IT! :)