Thursday, January 31, 2008

Honey, I'm hooome!

Ok so I haven't updated in a while. Bad blogger.

The past few weeks have been odd in that I had no desire to knit. I did knit a little, but most of the time I just didn't feel like it. I still loved to look at patterns online and to read knitting blogs though. But that's why I didn't write in what, over a week now? Almost two maybe. Ouch.

I think I'm getting my knitting mojo back though. I went to Knit Night last night and I had a good time. We switched locations and went to a place called Java-U and it was great. So much better than the Second Cup we usually go to! The power went off for about 10 minutes at some point and we got to knit by candlelight which was nice.

I've been working mostly on theCable Net socks these days:

Photobucket


I'm telling you, they are the most complicated socks I've ever worked on. It's not that it's difficult, it just took me a long time to remember what every symbol in the chart means. Now that I do, it's going a bit quicker. Still, I don't think I'll finish them any time soon!

Tara and Needs-a-blog-Kate decided to do a Cardigan for Merry knit-along and I decided to virtually join them just because it's so damn cute! I looked through my stash and found some Bernat Softee Baby that I didn't know what to do with so I think I'll use it for this project. I'm not super crazy about acrylic but I don't mind using it once in a while. The colour is a super bright blue. I think it's even brighter than the one I used for the Cardigan of doom (I'll update you on that project in another post).

I'll end this post with a link to the spring preview of Interweave Knits. Looks like it's going to be a good issue!

3 comments:

Karine said...

Well, I already love the Narnia mitts.

Tara said...

Re Cardigan for Merry KAL: You sure you want to use a yarn that reminds you of a project you've labeled Of Doom? ;)

Anonymous said...

highlighters are a chart's best friend.. just saying :)