Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Can't blog, Must knit.

Hey friends! I'm only taking a few minutes to update on my current WIPs. I'm taking advantage of the fact that I just want to knit (and plan what to knit next) all the time.

I cast on for the Ishbel shawl on June 19 and I'm loving the project, even though the yarn is not the softest I've ever worked with. I think the FO will be beautiful and it's all I care about.

Photobucket


Sorry there isn't much to see yet. I had to set it aside so I can keep working on the Parrotfish/Pomatomus Hat. My aunt is undergoing chemotherapy treatments right now and she's already losing hair. I promised her a hat so I must finish it. I'll probably be visiting my mom this weekend and I want it finished by then. I'm almost done though, I'll get to the decreases in a couple of rows.

Photobucket


Thanks to those of you who complimented my choice of yarn. It's Lorna's Lace Shepherd Sock Multi in Vera. I got one skein during a Secret Pal exchange so I didn't have enough for socks. I'm glad I found a nice hat pattern to use the yarn with!

2 comments:

Tara said...

I cast on for Ishbel yesterday! Yay!

Montreal Mama said...

Your Ishbel is coming along great! Show an updated picture please!

The Lorna's Laces colorway is yummy!