Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Soleil!

Today is the last day of June. Seriously? I'd like for time to please stop flying, I need to catch my breath.

So the weather around here has been less than stellar, but we've had a few nice days here and there. We sure are hoping to see a bit more of the sun in the upcoming months because last weekend, Chris and I decided to buy this:

Photobucket


Isn't it beautiful? See, we have a great terrasse (pictured above) on top of our building. But we never use it because we didn't have a table. Well now we have one and we want to spend some time there this summer so we need sun (of course, the sun is shining as I'm writing this, but it's supposed to rain later today. We'll see).

Ok, enough about the non-knitting content. I have a FO to share!

Parrotfish hat (June)
Parrotfish hat (June)

Sorry I look like a butt on this pic.

Pattern: Parrotfish/Pomatomus hat by Kristy Pedersen
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Multi in Vera
Needles: US 3 / 3.25 mm (circular + dpns)

I think it's a cute hat. It'll go to my aunt, who has unfortunately lost all of her hair due to chemotherapy. I hope I can give it to her soon.

4 comments:

Karine said...

You, and the hat, both look cute :)

Tara said...

I wish MY buttface was as cute as yours, Caroline! :) The hat is awesome, I'm definitely making that. You know... someday ;)

Alison said...

What a great blessing for your aunt!

Montreal Mama said...

Awesome hat! That's neat that you made a hat out of sock yarn! Did it take longer than knitting a hat with like worsted for example?

Great table on a great patio! Do you have to worry about others using your table since it's a community patio?