Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Back to reality

There was no escaping it this week: I had to go back to work after two weeks of vacation (was it really two weeks? It felt like two seconds).

We had a very relaxing time and spent a good portion of our vacation at home, or with family. And we went to Quebec City for a few days.

Photobucket


We saw The Image Mill, which was fantastic. I wasn't able to get good pictures though. Trust me, it was worth it.

We also saw a baseball game, but unfortunately, Eric Gagné wasn't the pitcher that night (he was the night before). Quebec's team lost. Oh well. We had a good time, even though it was COLD out!

Photobucket


We also visited a place that makes apple cider. We sampled many of the products and it was delicious.

We saw the free street show by Cirque du Soleil, well most of it any way. There were a lot of people there and I wasn't feeling too well so we left early.

Photobucket


So, our vacation was nice but I wasn't too sad when Monday came and I had to get back to work, because that same night I went to see...

Photobucket


Franz Ferdinand!!! It was seriously one of the best shows of my life. It was amazing. They only have good songs so the show had to be good. The singer spoke French the whole time, which was nice and he had so much energy it was contagious. You can see a couple of videos on YouTube.

I mostly knit on my plain socks on two circs during my vacation (no pic for now). And yesterday, I was finally able to cast on Nancy Bush's mystery sock (first clue has a braid!) yesterday, after a little... um... winding incident. I'm using Tanis Fiber Arts yarn and I LOVE working with it! Love!

Speaking of yarn, I have enhanced my stash recently... but I'll save it for another post. Here's a sneak peak:

Photobucket

2 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

Looks like a great vacation.

Can't wait to see what you knit with your stash enhancement!

Tara said...

Isn't Tanis the mostest awesome? I used her DK weight for a baby garment recently, and I loved it!