Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Startitis again?

It's happening. Startitis. I can feel it coming.

I've been wanting to start projects like crazy lately but I'm resisting so far. I'm a slow knitter and if I start too many things, it takes me forever to have anything finished.

But today I saw the Honeybee Cardigan and I fell in love. Then I read the magic word, "seamless", and I fell in love HARD. I really really want to make it, plus I need something fun to make me forget that I'm still not pregnant after a year of trying (I don't really want to talk about it).

So. Do I cast on? Or not?

I first want to finish my first sock in progress, but I should have it done by next week. And my Nancy Bush mystery sock is right on schedule (I finished clue #3 on the first sock in one evening last night, and I'll work on sock #2 tomorrow). All my other WIPs are on hold indefinitely because I'm just not into them. Sooooo, I'm due to start something new any day now.

However, I have many projects on my to-do list. I want to make the Shifting Sands Scarf for my mom (for Christmas) and the Flora hat for my aunt who's battling breast cancer (also for Christmas or sooner). AND I want to make the Potpourri mittens for myself. *sigh* Too many beautiful patterns, too litle time.

(This post was brought to you by a Wednesday night and a bottle of wine. Because I'm worth it).

Ps/ Congrats to Kate-the-enabler on her Little Miss Enabler!!! :)

4 comments:

Tara said...

It's like you're in my head. I am DEEPLY smitten with the Honeybee cardigan, but don't have the yarn for it right now. Plus there are hats to knit, mittens, socks... But DAMN, that pattern is HOT.

That probably didn't help, did it?

Montreal Mama said...

That pattern is hot. Hope you get to knit it soon!

xoxo

kate-the-enabler said...

Hey! I'm WAY behind on my blog reading - just catching up now...Thanks for the congrats...
I'm with you on the startitis....I reeeeeely want to knit something (anything!!) - but for the moment my evenings are devoted to early bed...soon, I hope.
Can't wait to see what you decide to embark on as your next project.

Anonymous said...

I won't talk about what you don't want to talk about. Just know everything happens in time. I firmly believe everything happens for a reason...

...and yes, I'm talking about you getting your projects done and starting new ones!