Saturday, December 25, 2004

The joy of giving...

My knitted gifts have been given (except for the Chinese Charm Bag, which will be given just before I leave on Jan. 2) and have been very well-received. It made me all happy to see that people liked what I made with my own hands. I'm definitely knitting again next Christmas. Maybe I'll try to do socks.

Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate it!

I didn't receive any knitting-related gifts, but I didn't expect any. I asked for a few books but I knew they would be hard to find here. And I didn't ask for yarn because the only place mom would have been able to buy some would have been Wallmart or Zellers. And she doesn't shop online.

I'm so looking forward to give her her birthday bag now! I'm currently working on a beanie with the leftover yarn for that project, and if I manage to finish it this week, I'll also give it to her. But I'm also working on the sweater (coming along nicely) and the basketweave scarf (love it) so I don't know if I'll finish it before I leave. We'll see...

No comments: