Monday, December 20, 2004

Rip it rip it!

Re: Fuzzy Feet
I did feet surgery yesterday. I ended up felting (by hand) my mom's slippers, which were originally made for my sister but were too big for her. Now I think they'll fit her. I also handfelted the second pair I made (for my sister) and they shrunk a little bit. Now I think they may fit my mom's feet, but I'm not sure because her feet are so much bigger than mine. I think what I'll do is give them to her as they are now and tell her that I will shrink them more if need be.

Now I don't want to see another pair of fuzzy feet for at least a year ;)
(Seriously, I'd love to make a pair for myself, but I think I'll go with the monster slippers from Stitch N' Bitch Nation instead).

Re: To Dye For sweater
The more I knit it, the least I like the texture of the fabric. The colour is gorgeous and even the texture is ok but not for this sweater. Oh well. I think I may frog it and use the yarn for a bag similar to the Chinese Charm Bag as well as a hat and who knows what else. Now of course I need to hurry up and go to the yarn store to get mohair. Unfortunately I can't go today, but tomorrow for sure.

Re: My friend's scarf
My first idea was to simply make a garter stitch scarf on big needles with the chunky Paton, but I ended up chosing the basketweave scarf from Stitch N' Bitch Nation. I had to modify it a little bit so I could use chunky yarn (and size 10 needles) but it looks ok so far. I had never used Paton yarn but I really like it, it's very soft.

No comments: