Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Knitting? What's that?

So you probably noticed I haven't been talking about knitting much these past few weeks. I seem to have lost my knitting mojo again. It has nothing to do with my current projects, since I don't even want to start anything new. I do want to place a huge order on Knitpicks though (but I won't).

This past week has been pretty stressful at work. Our weekend news editor is on vacation and I'm filling in for him. Responsibilities = stress. And this past weekend, with all the swine flu crazyness, work was quite stressful (but I think I did ok).

I'm not working today but I have so much to do, I don't have much time to rest. Definite DORMA*. This morning I went grocery shopping and did laundry (I still have a mountain of clothes to fold and put away), then I had lunch. Next on the schedule : the rest of the laundry, gym and cooking. I want to make chicken and broccoli divan, vegetarian chili, pasta salad and carrot and raisins muffins. I need to have meals ready because my work week (starting tomorrow) will probably be crazy again.

My gym is currently having a little friendly competition. Each trainer has a team and each participant log their cardio minutes for ten days. There are going to be prizes at the end of the 10 days. I went yesterday and I want to go again today. I'm trying to go as often as I can during the week since I most likely won't be able to during the weekend.

I'm closing this post with a pic of my Phlox socks:

Photobucket


(They will look much butter when they're blocked). My goal is to get to the heel by the end of the week. Let's see if I can do it!


*Day of rest, my arse (thanks to Tara for the lovely expression).

4 comments:

Tara said...

I can't tell you how happy you've made me by using my expression. Maybe this is the beginning of a fad, like kinnearing? OK, probably not...

I've made the chicken divan recipe before. It's pretty good. Definitely add some spices (something really exotic, like pepper).

Anonymous said...

the socks look awesome!

Montreal Mama said...

The socks look great!

I have made the chicken broccoli divan from Campbell's so many times. It's super good. I really recommend it!

Anonymous said...

love the colour of ths socks!

i have been there with the knitting mojo, currenty i am suffering from startitis and wanting to knit heaps of instant gratification things, i am being strong and wont cast anything on til i finish something!!