Sunday, February 27, 2011

Go Habs Go

I'm pretty sure I currently have a Habs fan in my uterus. He sure does kick a lot during the games. Therefore, I decided to make him his very own Habs socks.

Photobucket


Pattern: Garter Stripe Baby Socks, by Jennifer Hoel
Size: Newborn, but I used bigger needles so it'll fit him later.
Yarn: Biscotte & Cie Bambooloo in Go Habs Go (I used the leftovers from an adult pair)
Needles: US 1 - 2.25 mm
Notes: There wasn't enough white in the leftovers I used to make a matching pair, but I like the socks anyways. Also, there is a mistake in row 11 of the heel turn in the pattern. You need to leave out the k3tog as there aren't enough stitches for it.

I also decided to cast on for a new project: socks for me! It's been a LONG time since I last made socks (not counting the above baby socks) and I thought I'd go with a Cookie A pattern to get back into it! I chose Glynis, from the book Sock Innovation and I'm using yummy purple yarn (Slackford Studio, LLC Stalwart Sock in From Dusk Till Dawn).

3 comments:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Those are way too cute! GO HABS GO! They match his new habs bib!

Tara said...

So cute! =)

Jennifer said...

Awesome!