Sunday, September 16, 2007

Weekly WIP Report

It's time for yet another WIP report. Again, it'll be picture-less, because frankly, I haven't made enough progress on any WIP to bother with pics.

I have mostly been working on the Marina Piccola socks and I'm still in love with them. I just finished the heel flap on sock #1. It's going slowly but there's a part of me that still foolishly hope that I'll finish them before the end of the month. If not, oh well, they'll be my October socks.

The Woven Trellis scarf is still boring. I must have... maybe 25" done on the second tube. I knit on it a bit in the metro today. Soon, it'll be too heavy to carry with me for public transportation knitting.

Shedir has been put on hold I guess. Not because I don't like it, it's just that the socks take all of my time. I'll get back to it soon enough.

In other news, I'm sure most of you have seen the new Knitty. Oddly, my first thought when I looked at it was that there was nothing in it I wanted to knit. Muir is gorgeous, but I don't see myself knitting a lace shawl anytime soon. But slowly, some patterns have grown on me. I think the problem I had with most of the sweaters/cardigans was that they were made in variegated yarns and I prefer solids for sweaters. Now I could see myself adding Roam, Cherie Amour and Mr Greenjean to my queue, but I'd definitely make them with a solid coloured yarn. I think the Foliage hats are totally cute too.

What about you guys? Are you planning on making something out of a fall 07 Knitty pattern?

1 comment:

Tara said...

I've printed out the patterns for the Autumn throw, as well as for the Mr Greenjeans, Roam and Tussie Mussie cardigans. Whether that means I'll actually get around to knitting them in the not-too-distant future is an entirely different matter! :)