Sunday, September 30, 2007

Flash your stash for some cash!

^^ Ok so there's no cash involved in my stash flashing, but wouldn't that make a great TV show? I know I'd watch!

My Secret Pal 11 hostess, Robyn is holding a little contest and to participate, I have to flash my stash. So here it goes. I'll let you know first that my modest stash isn't going to make anyone jealous. But I'm happy with what I have (and don't even know what to do with it all).

So here's my knitting closet:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


That's where I store my yarn (in the baskets!), my books and my magazines. But not my WIPs. They are all over the appartment.

I didn't want to take out all my yarn to take pics, so I just took one of my little sock yarn basket. I don't have that much, but since I don't really knit more than one pair of socks a month, I feel I have plenty.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Weekly WIP Report

I have ignored pretty much all my projects except for Shedir (link to pdf file). I'm not going to post a picture though because it's almost done. So you should have a FO pic later this week. And I can now surely say that it's BEAU-TI-FUL!

I have totally ignored my second Marina Piccola sock (I haven't even cast on for it yet). Don't worry, I don't suffer from Second Sock Syndrome. I just was too into Shedir. As soon as I finish it, I'll start the sock. But it's safe to say I won't have a pair for September ;). The good news is that I'll only have one sock to knit for October! (I make it sound like I don't like to knit socks but it's actually my favourite thing to knit).

I've made some progress on the Woven Trellis scarf, because you can't work on anything with a chart while watching Heroes (the scarf, however, is the perfect TV-watching project). Last time I measured, I was at 40" on the second tube. I'll get there, even if it's not until 2009!

Food!

I love Autumn, it's my favourite season. I love to cook in Autumn, there's something really comforting about it. And I love squash! Yesterday, I tried this recipe for a stuffed squash. It was great, though I replaced lamb with beef because it was what I had on hand. I also added cheese. If you try it, I suggest you use your favourite spices (though the ones suggested work great). Whatever you have on hand will work.

4 comments:

Jennifer Lori said...

That is a perfectly respectable stash! I remember when your stash was all in a little bookshelf...

(p.s. I love that lime green sock yarn!)

K. said...

I have to agree with Jenn, your stash is perfect!

Thanks for the recepie link...i'm sold!!!

LotusKnits said...

Can't wait to see your finished Shedir!!

Anonymous said...

I saw a shelf system at IKEA that was all little baskets in wooden cubbies... would be perfect for yarn storage!