Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Not really a Fake Isle Hat...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Pattern: Fake Isle Hat, from Magknits
Yarn: Warani (Susan Andrew Collection). 50% Suri Alpaca, 50% extra fine merino wool. I bought it at Ariadne** and I was told the green was being discontinued so hurry if you want some!
Needles: 4mm (US6) 16" circular (I used my Denises) and DPNs in the same size.
Modifications: I used solid yarn instead of the Noro. And I chose not to do chart B at all because I didn't want too much white. I think it looks great. I am so pleased with that hat! And I had bought two balls of the green but I only needed one and I have more than half of the white left over so I will be able to make another one!

So I am now DONE with all my gift knitting! Yay! This year, I'm giving:

-A scarf to my boyfriend (already given)
-Socks to my mom
-A scarf to my mom
-Socks to my sister
-Socks to my stepdad
-A hat to my friend (technically for his birthday, not Christmas)

And since it's all done, I am now free to knit for myself! And I'm starting with a pair of angora mittens:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The pattern is Lala's Mittens (pdf here). I'm not sure how the cable will look in the fuzzy yarn, but we'll see.

**Those of you who had trouble finding the address for Ariadne's store, it's in the blog section of the website. They are probably too busy with the store to update the site and add the address on the main page. The store is at: 3837 Rue St. Jacques Ouest, Montreal. It's close to the Place-St-Henri metro station.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I couldn't agree more with your decision to go with solid and skip chart B. It makes the hat more masculine, in my humble opinion. Nice work! :)