Saturday, January 02, 2010

2010

Photobucket


Resolutions, schmesolutions. I make them every year because I like to have goals, but like most people, I always have a hard time sticking to them. I usually want to lose weight, stop eating sweets, go to the gym more often and well... I try... but often fail.

So this year, I'm trying to have fun with my resolutions. I'm making them food related and I want this year to be a year of discovery. Ooooh. Here they are:

1. Meatless Mondays. I'm not the kind of person who absolutely needs meat at every meal. I like veggie food, in fact, I was vegetarian for a year and a piscetarian (fish only) for three years. Funny thing though: I can't remember what I used to eat. I think I recall there was a lot of pasta and cheese. Anyways. I've already told Chris that our Mondays will be vegetarian (well he can eat whatever he wants but I'm not cooking meat). If you have a favourite vegetarian recipe (it can include cheese and/or eggs), feel free to share. No mushrooms though. Ew.

2. Try at least two new recipes a month. I want to eat new things and find new recipes that will become staples and that I'll want to make often. I figure two new recipes a month is reasonnable enough, but I can make more of course.

3. Cook from my cookbooks! I often check online for new recipes and I will definitely continue to do that (I get a lot of inspirations from other people's blogs), but I also have tons of cookbooks that I never use. I'm hoping to cook from each of them sometime this year!

4. Master the slow cooker! I got a brand new slow cooker for my birthday and I'm looking forward to using it. I already have something planned for tomorrow. I didn't like my old slow cooker and never used it. Hopefully I'll be using my new one a lot this year.

And my only non-food related and not-fun resolution for 2010: I want to get up when my alarm goes on and not press snooze a dozen times. That's going to be difficult but it needs to be done.

I wish you all a wonderful year. And if you have resolutions, please share them!

4 comments:

Clumsy Knitter said...

Your resolutions sound great--and doable! I'm curious about what kind of slow cooker you got--I've been thinking about getting one, but have no idea where to start. What didn't you like about your old one, or what DO you like about your new one! Thanks, and happy new year!

Montreal Mama said...

Great resolutions!

The slow cooker is the easiest thing to use! I love mine. Such great easy recipes too! Remind me to email you my faves!

Tara said...

I've had a hard time keeping up with Meatless Mondays. Not because of me, but it's just so hard to get the kids to eat vegetarian! But I am with ya on the crock-pot usage. It totally rocks.

Vérifier le nom d'une société Hong Kong said...

Good luck with your resolutions and I wish you all a wonderful year.