Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Food Friday

Since many of my 2010 resolutions are food-related, I thought it would be fun to write weekly about how my week went, food-wise. Here's a little reminder of my food resolutions:

1. Meatless Mondays. 2. Master the Slowcooker. 3. Try two new recipes a month. 4. Cook from my cookbooks.

Meatless Monday

Lunch: I made a veggie soup on Saturday and brought the leftovers. It was a very simple soup made with whatever I could find. Hehe. I had onions, red peppers, green onions, garlic and carrots and I also added some frozen veggies I had. I sauteed everything, added vegetable broth and water, as well as a can of mixed beans. I can't remember which spices I added. Anyways, it was very good and filling.

Dinner: I made a spinach quiche, using a recipe for Swiss chard quiche that Tara shared a little while ago (replacing swiss chard with spinach of course). Oh and mine wasn't crustless. It tasted great and I had some leftovers for another lunch!

(I'm not mentionning breakfast because I very rarely eat meat for breakfast.)

Slowcooker

I tried my brand new slowcooker on Sunday and made a veal stew with beer and cumin. I got the recipe here but it's in French. OMG it was good. The meat was wonderfully tender and it was a great success. I would definitely make it again!

New recipes

Both the quiche and the veal were new recipes so I've already reached my goal of two new recipes a month!

Cookbooks

I haven't cooked from my cookbooks yet! Hopefully I will have by next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on the resolutions Caroline!

Tara said...

Glad you liked the quiche! It's such a quick meal to prepare, great when you're in a pinch!