Saturday, August 25, 2007

Answers to some knitting questions

My Secret Pal hostess, Robyn, asked us to answer these questions, so here I go:

1. What is the one knitting accessory you could not live without?
The one I use the most is probably my tape measure so I'll say that.

2. If you're heading on vacation, do you take knitting with you? If so, how much and what type of project?
I always take some knitting with me. Usually always a pair of socks, cause it's small and portable. The last time I travelled (I went to Paris and London last year), I had brought socks and a lace shawl. That lace shawl is Kiri and it's still not done.

3. Where have you travelled to that you'd consider your favorite spot?
Germany, definitely. I was by myself and I felt so independant and strong.

4. What is your favorite knitting book at the moment? Do you own it?
That's a very difficult question. I guess I'll say Knitting Rules! by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. It's both funny and useful. And since I've read it, I've been able to knit socks without a pattern. Oh and I do own the book. If I had to choose one I don't own, it would be Fitted Knits, by Stefanie Japel. I really want to make the Back-to-School U-Neck Vest, I'm just not sure I want to buy the book just for that pattern.

5. Do you listen to podcasts? Which is your favorite(s)?
I listened to a knitting podcast a while ago and I have to admit that I found it pretty boring. I won't name it, because I don't remember which one it was anyways. ;) But I've listened to the last episode of Lime & Violet and I really enjoyed it so I'll probably continue listening to that one.

6. If you could only knit with 1 color for the rest of your life, what color would that be?
That would be impossible! Hmmm. I'll say blue, because there are so many beautiful shades of it...

7. If you were far into a project and then noticed a mistake near the beginning what would you do?
It depends. I'm not a perfectionnist, so if it was just a small mistake, I'd forget about it. But I've unravelled finished sleeves after noticing a mistake so I will start over if necessary.

8. Where is the most unsual spot you've ever knit?
Ha! I have knit on the stairmaster. It was not a positive experience and I found out that for me, knitting and exercise don't mix (unfortunately).

No comments: