Friday, August 10, 2007

Secret Pal 11 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Sock yarn is always my favourite yarn to knit with (though I realize there are many different kind of sock yarns, as long as it's not acrylic, I'm ok). Wool-wise, I like merino the best. I hate acrylic, though I do have some that I'm trying to use.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Storing? They're all over the place! I really should come up with a better storing solution.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Kitting is all there is, unless you count cooking. I don't spin but I'd love to learn.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
These days, I listen mostly to French-Canadian artists. But I also like Tori Amos, Björk, Beck, Placebo, Radiohead and many more.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love blue and I love reds. I love earthy tones. I like yellow but I don't think I'd make me a whole yellow sweater ;). There aren't any colours I can't stand, though I tend not to wear green close to my face unless it's a very dark green. It makes me look sick.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I don't have any kids. I live with my boyfriend. I'm allergic to pretty much anything that has fur so no pets.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes, yes and no.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks, definitely. I could knit only socks for the rest of my life and I'd never get bored. I also love to knit hats because they're a very quick knit, but you can only have so many hats...

13. What are you knitting right now?
I'm making a plain ribbed pair of socks for my mother, and a ribbed scarf, also for my mom. I'm also trying to make progress on the Kiri shawl I started over a year ago. I'm itching to begin new projects but I want to at least finish the scarf before I do.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Of course!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer circular, except for socks, for which I almost always use DPNs. I really like bamboo needles, but aluminum is good too. I'm not a fan of plastic, even though I like my Denise set.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Unfortunately, I don't.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
It's the Kiri shawl I mentionned above. I started it in May 2006. I also have a cardigan that I need to seam. I started it in August 2006.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas!

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Does sock yarn count?

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I do not subscribe to any mags, but I always get Interweave Knits and the fall and winter issues of Vogue Knitting as soon as they hit the shelves. The yarns I'm dying to knit with are pretty much all sock yarn (though I do like regular yarn too), mainly Socks that rock, Koigu, Lorna's Lace and many of the indie yarns. As for books, I love many of them but the ones I'm coveting the most are the Charlene Schurch sock books and one on Latvian mittens.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I want to try some colourwork. It's my goal for the next year.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I'm sure you can guess the answer to the first question ;) My shoes are a size 6.5 or 7 (I'm in Canada, I don't know if sizes are different elsewhere).

23. When is your birthday?
December 3. Turning 30 this year!

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
I am on Ravelry and my username is Caroline.

No comments: