Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I'm bringing sexy back...

I finished my sexy Coachella:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Pattern: Coachella from Knitty
Size: S
Yarn: Schachenmayr Nomotta Micro
Needles:Two sets of circulars, size US6 and US8 (I used my Denise set)
Modifications: I chose not to do the short rows on the bust because a lot of people who did them said that the cleavage area went way too low. I didn't want that. I also added some ribbing at the bottom because I didn't want a rolled edge. And I added more increases for the hips (5 instead of 3) and probably could have added 2 more (I have big hips).

I'm very happy with it. It was quick and easy. Oh and no seaming. Yay!

I bought the new Vogue Knitting yesterday and I love it. It's the 25th anniversary edition and it's a beautiful issue. Of course, I don't like all the patterns (I dislike many of them in fact), but I love Veronik Avery and Debbie Bliss' "cover patterns" (there are a bunch of covers under the real cover). They also have a lot of interesting looking articles, though haven't had the chance to read them yet. There's one on "Fits that flatter" that I'll try to read today.

Now working on: socks for my mom, the masalat scarf that was put aside while I worked on Coachella and Kiri.

4 comments:

Do said...

Wow, pitoune! Super beau!

Montreal Mama said...

It looks great! Can't wait to see what your next project is!

I want to check out the Vogue 25th. Thanks for reminding me!

Karine said...

Yes you do! Nice.

deawn said...

You know, you could make another one with the really deep plunging neckline, and use leftover roving to stuff your bra.

(Please don't ask me how I know that this works...)

Another fashion hint: take some yarn in a hank, then wear it atop your head, like Frida Kahlo. Just for fun, try drawing in a unibrow and light moustache with an eyebrow pencil!

(This is why I will never get my own show on HGTV!)

Obviously, the heat is getting to me. Ciao for now! :)