Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day 11 of 30

What a day! I had a very long press conference this morning, and I had all sorts of trouble with my recorder so I wasn't able to get sound clips (I work for a press agency that does written press AND radio news so I need to get clips everytime I cover something). I felt bad about that, but it turned out it wasn't too big of a deal. Oh and I almost forgot my new scarf at the conference! I realized I didn't have it as soon as I got out of the building.

Later, about an hour before I had to leave (and I was really looking forward to getting back home), my boss asked me if I could work a little overtime so I could go cover another press conference. So I did. But it was a conference on the province's finances and that's SO NOT my favourite topic. I'm not too good with numbers. I'm pretty good at translating business stories done by the English service, but writing something on economy/finance/anything to do with numbers from scratch is much more difficult for me. Thank God, I only had to use the quotes I got at the conference to update a story written by another reporter!

So now I'm TIRED and I'm happy I'm working the evening shift tomorrow: I won't have to wake up early!

I'm currently watching the Habs game and we're ahead 3-0 almost halfway in the third period. Woohoo! Go Habs Go! Chris is currently at the game (his best friend had an extra ticket). I wish I was there too!

I know I promised pics of the mittens I finished, but they look better when they're on my hands and I don't have anyone to photograph them right now. Tomorrow! Next on the needles will be a hat, I just need to decide which one I want to make.

1 comment:

Montreal Mama said...

Can't wait to see photos of the finished mittens! Yey for sleeping in!