Sunday, November 02, 2008

Day 2 of 30

Photobucket


Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a big Montreal Canadien fan. I love watching hockey, either at home with my boyfriend or in a bar with friends (or, even better, at the Bell Center, but that rarely happens unfortunately).

So we watched the game against the Islanders at home last night and man, did they play badly for 2 periods! They were down 4-1 at one point and I was sure they were going to lose (which sucks, the Islanders should be easy to beat!). Then they woke up during the third and ended up winning 5-4! Woohoo! AND, my favourite player ended up scoring two goals and also got two assists.

Photobucket


Thanks to him (and Markov (2 points) and Kostitsyn (1 point)), I managed to score 7 points in my office hockey pool with that game alone. *happy dance*

Those of you who came here for knitting content: I'm sorry! But you'll be happy to know that my hockey-watching time was well-spent, as I made good progress on a new WIP:

Photobucket


The pattern is La La Mittens, by Gina House. I'm knitting them for my sister for Christmas. Of course, I didn't read the abbreviation part of the pattern (I always mess up something) so I didn't realize that I had to slip stitches purlwise with the yarn in BACK, so it makes for funny looking cables, but I sort of like the way they look so I'll just do the same for mitten #2. I'm sorry I don't have a better pic, navy blue is difficult to photograph!

2 comments:

Angela said...

What do you do with all the stuff you knit? Do you sell stuff, gift it, or keep it? Have you ever tried doing cloth diaper wool knit covers?

Montreal Mama said...

The mitten is coming along great!

The Habs have been playing not to good lately, even in the game they're winning. I think they're half asleep!

It's my boyfriend Mr. Captain's bday next week. I'm going to the game the day after his bday, contemplating making him a sign!