Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Day 18 of 30

Oh my, it's the 18th already? Time flies, really. Only 12 days left to NaBloPoMo. I think I'm gonna make it.

Today, I'm presenting you my third FO this month (quick projects are fun):

The Boy Hat (November)


Pattern>The Boy Hat, by Elizabeth Heath-Heckman.
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted in black
Needles: US 7/4.5 mm circulars and DPNs

It's already on my boyfriend's head. I finished it last night and he immediately asked if it was for him. Oh well, I still consider it his Christmas knit gift.

I only have two gifts left to knit. Yay! I spent part of this morning going through my stash, because I'd really like to use yarn from it, but it looks like I won't. I have a small stash but it feels huge to me cause I don't have that much space, but most of the yarn I have don't fit any of the projects I want to knit. *sigh* I'm really trying to be better and only buy when I'm ready to cast on, but I still need to find projects for what I already have. I guess my New Years knitting resolution will be to try and knit from stash more. The good thing is that I used yarn from my stash for the two gifts I knit this year. But for my mom and stepdad's gifts, I'll have to go to the yarn store.

2 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

Nice hat! Looks easy and nice at the same time! Good for you for stash busting! It's hard sometimes when you dont have in your stash what you need for a project!

Anonymous said...

Great hat! I don't think anyone has the perfect stash...it's too hard to always have just the right quantity...(except for socks. That's probably easier than trying to keep sweater-quantities on hand!)