Friday, November 28, 2008

Day 28 of 30

Oh my, will it ever end? I thought the crazyness that is my professional life would calm down once the provincial election is over on December 8, but now it looks like Ottawa is in the middle of yet another drama.

Basically, our current conservative government, which was just elected on October 14, could be overthrown by the opposition (for valid reasons if you want my opinion). Read about it here. That means that we could have ANOTHER election. But most likely, unless Harper and his team can come to an agreement with the other parties before the confidence vote on Dec. 8 (yep, same day as the provincial election), the opposition will propose a governing coalition. A coalition probably wouldn't work long term, which means we would end up with an election later in 2009 one way or another. *sigh* I find the whole thing very interesting, don't get me wrong, but I'm tired! An election is exhausting (moreso for some of my coworkers than for me, but still). I want a little break, mmkay?

In knitting news: I forgot to mention yesterday that I received the second Go Habs Go skein. That's what I call great customer service! Louise (from Biscotte & Cie) also sent a magnetic 2009 Biscotte & Cie calendar. It's already on my fridge!

Oh and speaking of the Habs, Chris just called from his office's x-mas party to tell me he won tickets for a game, on January 6 against the Capitals (I think). Woohoo!!!

1 comment:

Montreal Mama said...

Yey for winning hockey tix!